As we head into Memorial Day weekend, I wanted to share some fun recipes, courtesy of Edley’s BBQ, to add some extra pizzaz to your holiday. Edley’s is our go-to for delicious BBQ here in Music City (they also have locations in Chattanooga and Glen Carbon, IL) and they were kind enough to bring over a feast last week when we photographed this fun table. It doesn’t get more southern than a sweet tea bourbon cocktail and banana pudding, and even I (the anti-chef) am inspired to whip these up!
Please find recipes for Bourbon Tea and Edley’s Banana Pudding below, along with links to everything I used to set this festive, easy table. Wishing y’all a lovely holiday weekend!
- Paper plates, bows, napkins, and plastic cutlery: Sophistiplate
- Chargers: My Dillard’s line
- Woven Ceramic Oval Dish: My Dillard’s line
- Woven Ceramic Bowl: My Dillard’s line
- Planters: At Home
- Gingham Pillows: At Home
- Tin Star: At Home
Edley’s Bourbon Tea
- 14 oz. sweet tea
- 6 oz. pineapple juice
- 6 oz. orange juice
- 6 oz. lemonade
- Lime wedges
- Lemon wedges
- Orange wedges
- Mint leaves
- 2 oz. Evan Williams Bourbon
- Start by making your fruit tea mix. In a pitcher, combine 14 oz. of sweet tea, 6 oz. pineapple juice, 6 oz. orange juice, and 6 oz lemonade. Stir and set aside.
- Drop one lime, orange, and lemon wedge along with a couple of mint leaves in a cocktail shaker. Muddle with 2 oz. of Evan Williams Bourbon.
- Fill with ice and fruit tea mix. Shake and pour.
- Top with Grenadine and serve with a straw.
- We like serving ours in mason jars.
Edley’s Banana Pudding
- 1.25 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- 4.5 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 9 oz cream cheese
- 20 oz of whole milk, divided
- 6 oz of vanilla pudding mix
- 6 bananas
- 8 oz Nilla Wafers
For the Whipped Cream
- Combine heavy whipping cream, half the vanilla extract (½ teaspoon), and powdered sugar.
- Mix for one minute, or until stiff peaks have formed.
For the Pudding
- Mix softened cream cheese, condensed milk, and ½ teaspoon vanilla extract until completely smooth.
- Add half the milk (10 oz.) and vanilla pudding mix until completely smooth.
- Add remaining milk and combine completely.
- Slice all bananas into ¼ inch rounds.
- Add a third of the whipped cream, bananas, and six ounces of Nilla Wafers into the mixture and fold into the pudding until completely incorporated.
- To serve: Line dish with pudding base leaving enough room for the whipped cream topping. Evenly distribute whipped cream on top. Crumble remaining wafers and sprinkle over whipped cream.
*All photos courtesy of Lele Fain Photography