Thank you to the Gaylord Opryland for sponsoring this event.
Georgia’s about to turn 9 (HOW did that happen??) and this year she wanted to celebrate with a party at SoundWaves, the indoor/outdoor waterpark at Gaylord Opryland. I was delighted to oblige because they take care of so many of the details that it’s like delegating at its finest. The kids had a blast, there was minimal work on my part, and we all enjoyed a fun-filled weekend celebrating our gal – it’s the ultimate win-win.
I included SoundWaves in my Nashville guide when I updated it over the summer, but wanted to share a few more insights that are helpful if you’re planning a visit. It really is a great family destination, especially as we head into wintertime when it’s easy to get cabin fever. Note that there are special discounts and offers for TN residents, and also Davidson County residents specifically.
- Again, SoundWaves is indoor/outdoor but the outdoor portion is closed during the cold weather months. Trust me, there’s still PLENTY of fun to be had inside! To me it’s a great destination because it’s very clean and well-run; you can tell there are professionals in charge.
- Unless you’re renting a Party Room (which I highly recommend, more on that below), admission to the water park is only included with an overnight stay at the resort. We stayed overnight with Georgia after her party ended and I was impressed with the rooms: clean, comfortable, very nice.
- For a birthday (or any event), you can rent Party Rooms for a 2-hour period. They provide pizza, beverages, and a party attendant which I love; all I brought was the cake and some simple table décor. Again, delegating!! Admission to the water park is included with a Party Room rental.
- There are tons of special experiences you can reserve: private cabanas, swimming with a mermaid, etc. There are also adult-only areas. I actually think this would be a fun, easy girlfriend staycation. I’d love to relax with a few friends next to a pool without having to leave Nashville, especially during January and February when the holidays are done and Spring Break seems far away.
- I also think it makes a great staycation for families. There are a TON of attractions for kids even beyond SoundWaves, including a river cruise in the resort + lots of seasonal activities. If you love an outlet, Opry Mills (right next door) is outlet heaven, plus there’s a huge movie theater and Imax. Again, the whole experience is a perfect antidote to cabin fever that’s minimal effort.