Well, here I am again, sharing a RECIPE with y’all, which I really thought would never happen on my blog. However, the recipes I’ve started to share are about as easy to follow as it gets, and they serve a very important purpose when entertaining. That purpose is to offer delicious food/beverages that please a crowd and don’t take forever or cost a fortune to make. These are my party pleasers, and this particular recipe for a fresh, skinny, holiday-take on a classic margarita is one of my favorites. And because you can make this as a “batch cocktail,” your guests can serve themselves. It’s about as fooking festive as it gets y’all, and what party isn’t a little more fun with TEQUILA?!? Oh, and I’ve included some of my favorite beverage containers and punch bowls that would all work well when serving this drink!
Ingredients for BATCH mix that serves 16-18 drinks in rocks glasses
- 7.5 Cups of Cranberry Juice
- 2 Cups of Pomegranate Juice
- 1 Cup of Lime Juice
- 1 Cup of Cointreau
- 4 Cups of Tequila (I like clear tequila, and you can add a bit more depending on how strong you like your cocktails)
- 1 Bag of Frozen Cranberries (to float as garnishes on top of your drink mixture- so you can add more or less depending on the surface area of your beverage container
Note: It may be easier to find pomegranate and cranberry juice mixed together already (plain pomegranate juice is harder to find), so you can use 5 cups of just cranberry juice and 4 cups of the mixed cranberry/pomegranate juice if that’s what is available. You just don’t want equal parts pomegranate and cranberry juice in total in this recipe as it doesn’t taste as good.
I doubled this recipe to serve about 30 people for my Christmas party which filled up my drink terrine about 3/4 of the way full.
- Mix all of the ingredients (except the frozen cranberries) together with a large spoon
- Chill the mixture in your refrigerator for a couple of hours prior to serving if time allows
- Add in the bag of frozen cranberries right before serving (will float on top- totally fine if people eat them, but they are mainly for looks)
- Serve mixture on ice (I set a bowl of ice next to my beverage dispenser so guests could easily fill their glasses. If you add ice to the mixture directly, it will get too watered-down)
Ingredients for SINGLE Cocktail Shaker Serving
- 3/4 Cup of Cranberry Juice
- 1/4 Cup of Pomegranate Juice
- 1/4 Cup of Lime Juice
- 2 Tablespoons of Cointreau
- 1/2 Cup of Tequila (clear)
Directions for SINGLE DRINK
Mix all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice until chilled. Strain the ice and pour mix into a rocks glass and top with frozen cranberries. Cheers!
Below are some of my favorite beverage dispensers and punch bowls!
- Oregon Punch Bowl 10-Piece Set
- Claro Acrylic Drink Dispenser with French Kitchen Stand
- Anastasia 2 Gallon Drink Dispenser
- Schott Zwiesel Concerto Punch Bowl Set
- Mellie Glass Beverage Dispenser
- Bottom Heavy Clear Punch Bowl with Ladle
- Rhodes Stoneware Dessert Stand
- Tava Rattan Drink Dispenser Stand
- PB Classic Glass Drink Dispenser
- PB Classic Acrylic Drink Dispenser